Technical Support Engineer
Position Summary: Fi360 is seeking a highly self‐motivated individual to assist Information Technology System Administrators, Application Architects and Developers with management and support, design, implementation and deployments of Fi360 applications to provide secure and highly available systems.
Applicants must have strong problem‐solving skills, provide timely well documented solutions and abide by established corporate policies and procedures.
- Support of Hosted Production Web, Application and Database systems including day to day operations, backups, monitoring, patching and deployments. Critical components are among MS Windows, MS SQL Server, Oracle DB, RabbitMQ, Jsreport, Crystal Reports.
- Act in a level 2 and 3 application and infrastructure support role for both internal and external customers. Troubleshoot problems within technology platforms and liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution. Track computer system issues through to resolution within agreed time limits and properly escalate issues to appropriate internal teams. Ensure that all relevant issues are properly logged
- Help plan and coordinate and implement changes to platforms and services. Develop system and application implementation and recovery plans, automation and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Train technical staff in how to use new technology.
- Help manage the day‐to‐day operations of the Fi360 systems by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensure that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure. Assists with proactive management of external data centers and services including hardware, software, backup and monitoring systems.
- Build, install, configure & operate technology components to meet business/technical requirements. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Participate in the evaluation and procurement of technology services, hardware and software. Help develop and maintain security, backup, recovery and redundancy strategies. Help select, install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools. Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with Information technology and vendors to implement those fixes.
- Develop process, procedures and automation/scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks. Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps for other Information Technology staff. Participation in providing training to other Information Technology staff
- Develop and maintain good working relationships within the Information Technology Department and our customers.
- Frequently lifts, carries, or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 25 pounds when setting up equipment
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Thorough understanding of operating systems, network and communications technology
- Able to Work well with people and explain technical problems in simple terms
- Work well with people
- A dedication to continually update knowledge
Support, Securing and Tuning of Applications incorporating:
- Operating systems (Windows 7, 10, 2012 and 2016 Server)
- Java Runtime Environment
- RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – 2016, Oracle, MySQL, SQLAnywhere)
- Message Queueing (MSMQ, RabbitMQ)
- Reporting Systems (MS SSRS, Crystal Reports Server, jsreport)
- Patch, Release and Package Management Systems (System Center, Octopus Deploy, npm, maven)
- Solid scripting skills (Powershell, shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
- Modern Application Environments
- Web/Middleware Servers (IIS, WebLogic, OTP, Node.js, Tomcat, JBoss)
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery Technology
- Load Balancing
- Log Shipping, Mirroring
- Virtualization cloud computing (VMWare, Hyper‐V, Rackspace, AWS, Azure, Oracle)
- Experience with automation and monitoring systems and services
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP, Switching, Routing, DNS) and related networking hardware.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology, or related discipline.
- 7 or more years of progressive roles within Information Technology Infrastructure groups
Certificates, training and licenses relevant to vendors and technology in use preferred. Microsoft
MCSE, Server, SQL, IIS) Oracle (WebLogic Administration, Java), etc..