Position Summary: The General Counsel is responsible for managing all corporate legal matters, including vendor and client agreements, intellectual property matters, labor and employment oversight, FinTech legal compliance, mergers & acquisitions, managing litigation and the General Counsel provides legal advice and counsel to Fi360, its parent company, its business units and its affiliates.
- Draft, negotiate, and review all client, supplier, business partners and other corporate contracts and oversees contract management process.
- In conjunction with Finance and I.T., responds to client due diligence requests and maintains integrity of confidential company information.
- Communicate regularly with sales team and business units regarding business deals and contracts, and the development of new products, including creating and maintaining a library of various contract templates.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal business units, clients, and business partners.
- Track and manage all Fi360 Intellectual Property, including trademark and copyright registrations, both domestically and internationally.
- Implement and maintain legal policies, objectives, and activities.
- Identify legal risk and recommends and implements risk mitigation strategies, including collaborative efforts with Products, Marketing, Finance, I.T., Sales and other departments.
- Obtains and maintains extensive knowledge of federal and state labor/employment laws that affect Fi360 and its affiliates’ workforce in 15+ states and provides counsel and assistance to the Human Resources Manager with employee transition documents and labor/employment challenges.
- Manage outside counsel.
- Perform corporate governance transactions, with services rendered at Board Meetings, Committee Meetings, Shareholder Meetings, including performing stock offerings, managing several Secretaries of State accounts, managing By-Laws, managing Operating Agreements and other governance transactions.
- Manage all threatened and actual litigation for Fi360 and its affiliates.
- Perform all mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures, in collaboration with C-Suite and Finance.
- Provide advice and counsel to fi360 business units.
- Support fi360 executive management and Board of Directors as needed.
- Prepare and manage legal budget.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctor Degree from an accredited law school
- 10+ years minimum experience in corporate law, with preference for corporate in-house or large law firm experience
- Admitted to practice law in PA
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements, including software licenses, content licenses, and service agreements
- Experience with and knowledge of FinTech laws, including data ownership, data privacy, and related matters.
- Extensive knowledge in corporate law, software licensing, content licensing, service, and non-disclosure agreements, corporate governance, business compliance and risk mitigation
- Knowledge in intellectual property law, including trademarks and copyrights and employment law
- Adapt quickly and provide support in a time efficient manner
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Communicate effective, both orally and in writing
- Articulate ideas to business partners
- Exercise keen attention to detail
- Maintain effective working relationships with business units and senior management