What is the AIF® Designation?
The Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Designation is a professional certification that demonstrates an advisor or other person serving as an investment fiduciary has met certain requirements to earn and maintain the credential.
The purpose of the AIF® Designation is to assure that those responsible for managing or advising on investor assets have a fundamental understanding of the principles of fiduciary duty, the standards of conduct for acting as a fiduciary, and a process for carrying out fiduciary responsibility.
Fi360 is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) for the AIF® Designation, making the designation part of an elite group of accredited designations recognized by FINRA.
Behold the Voice of the Fiduciary
Click here to meet a few professionals from the designee community to understand how earning the AIF® Designation has played a role in their fiduciary journey. These testimonials show real world application of how the AIF® Designation contributes to business growth and upholding fiduciary excellence.
Requirements for becoming an AIF® Designee:
In order to become an AIF® Designee, candidates must complete the following requirements:
- Enroll in and complete AIF® Training that satisfies AIF® Training requirements
- Pass the AIF® Examination
- Meet the experience requirement (prerequisites)
- Satisfy the Code of Ethics and Conduct Standards
- Submit the application and dues
Full requirements and policies and procedures can be found in the AIF® Candidate Handbook.
Fi360 is committed to principles of impartiality and fairness with respect to decisions about an individual’s designation status. Learn more about our impartiality policy.
Reasons to Become an AIF® Designee
- Meet your legal obligations by applying Fi360’s Prudent Practices® and investment procedures with your wealth, retirement and foundation and endowment clients
- Reduce business risks through documentation of fiduciary best practices
- Increase your business efficiency, effectiveness and earning potential by adopting a consistent repeatable process
- Earn credibility and distinction in the marketplace as a fiduciary specialist
- Join an elite professional community of over 11,000 AIF® Designees
Let’s get started! Your first step towards becoming an AIF® Designee is to purchase and complete AIF® Training. Visit the Fi360 Platform to create an account and purchase your training.
Or, if you’d like additional information or assistance with your purchase, we’re here to help! Fill out the form on the AIF® Training page and a member of the Fi360 team will be in touch.