Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) Training is the best way for investment fiduciaries to absorb the Prudent Practices, their legal underpinnings and how to apply them within existing fiduciary policies and procedures. The AIF Training is available in two different program formats, each concluding with an examination in order to apply for and earn the AIF Designation.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Articulate the basis for, and benefits of, fiduciary standards of excellence.
- Identify when an individual or organization may be deemed to have fiduciary status.
- Identify the legal standards that require fiduciaries to prudently manage investment decisions.
- Apply the Practices that define a prudent investment process for Investment Stewards and Advisors and recognize the Practices for Investment Managers.
- Strengthen own or clients’ fiduciary policies and procedures.
- Become an Accredited Investment Fiduciary.
The AIF Training curriculum is offered in distance education or a blended learning option to suit each student's needs. Each format culminates in the 60 question AIF examination, which must be passed with 75% correct answers in order to file for the AIF Designation. After passing the exam, a student wishing to file for the AIF Designation must submit the accreditation application and accreditation fee of $325.
The AIF Capstone program format combines a day of face-to-face instruction with access to our Web-based AIF program. Students complete coursework online and attend a scheduled, one-day training session that offers students an opportunity to discuss course concepts with instructors and fellow students.
The AIF Web-based program is the pure distance education version of the AIF Training curriculum. This format offers great flexibility and minimal out-of-office time for students. Students receive access to the program automatically, with a registration package following in the mail. Students have 180 days to complete the AIF Web-based program.
Students in the Web-based AIF training course, or those who otherwise cannot participate in the classroom examination, will be responsible for providing their own proctor.
Sample Course Outline
Tuition for the AIF Training includes:
- Prudent Practices for Investment Stewards handbook and Self-Assessments of Fiduciary Excellence questionnaire
- Complementary trial access to the fi360 Toolkit for Advisors - Student Version
- Related industry texts
- Fiduciary placemat that includes the Periodic Table of Global Fiduciary Practices, Assessment Levels, and the Management of Investment Decisions reference guide
- Fiduciary Key Concepts Reference Card
- Access to digital versions of pertinent electronic files and documents that can be utilized in your office immediately
The Capstone format also includes:
- Binder containing comprehensive desk reference manual (contains program slides and pertinent readings)
- Embroidered satchel
Prerequisites for the AIF® Designation are effective as of June 1, 2012. One must accrue a minimum of three points as defined by the prerequisites valuation framework in order to be eligible for candidacy.
Please read our Training Refund/Cancellation Policy.