DIFFERENTIATE YOURSELF FROM YOUR COMPETITION
Investment fiduciaries and professionals are constantly exposed to legal and practical scrutiny. It is likely that complaints and/or lawsuits alleging investment mismanagement will continue to increase. Many can be avoided by having clear knowledge of who constitutes a fiduciary and what is required of one.
The AIF Designation Training and designation help mitigate this liability with instruction covering pertinent legislation and best practices. Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®) designees have the ability to implement a prudent process into their own investment practices as well as being able to assist others in implementing proper policies and procedures.
Benefits of the AIF® Designation
In addition to the knowledge and business opportunities the AIF designation represents, all active designees are entitled to the following services and benefits:
- A suite of professionally-designed marketing and educational materials to help you articulate your unique value as a Designee
- Certificate and embossed jacket
- Exclusive access to library of materials
- Continuing professional education opportunities
- Listing on our online Designee Search directory, accessible to prospective clients, potential employers, media and referrals
There are four requirements for attaining the AIF® designation:
- Enroll in and complete the AIF® Training
- Pass the AIF® Examination
- Meet the experience requirement
- Submit the application and dues
Included in the application are sections to attest to both the Code of Ethics and Conduct Standards. The Code of Ethics consists of the tenets of ethical conduct expected of all credential holders, while the Conducts Standards pertain to any past criminal and civil litigation, regulatory events, and personal and professional conduct.
View our help desk for more information on initial and ongoing requirements.
Continuing Education Requirement
AIF® designees must accrue a minimum of six hours of continuing education annually. The CE requirement is effective immediately upon attainment of the AIF® designation, and CE hours may be accrued from a variety of sources. All CE is subject to audit by, and final approval from, fi360.
For more information on the CE requirement, click here.
Find the professionals who have already earned the AIF and AIFA designations. Search