Accredited Investment Fiduciary Analyst™ designees are the few people in the country with knowledge in both a prudent investment process and assessment principles, qualifications that are becoming increasingly desired and demanded by both the industry and regulators.
AIFA designees' primary function is to perform, or assist in, assessments of an Investment Steward's, Advisor's, or Manager's conformance to a Global Fiduciary Standard of Excellence using Fi360's ISO-like procedure of assessment. AIFA designees possess the ability and knowledge to advise clients of deficiencies in investment processes. It is also the required mark to perform a CEFEX Fiduciary Certification, the independent recognition of a fiduciary's conformity to all fiduciary Practices and Criteria.
Benefits of the AIFA® designation
In addition to the knowledge and business opportunities the AIFA designation represents, all active designees are entitled to the following services and benefits:
- A suite of professionally-designed marketing and educational materials to help you articulate your unique value proposition
- Certificate and embossed jacket
- Exclusive access to library of materials
- Continuing education opportunities
- Service and one-on-one support from Fi360's staff
- Listing on our online Designee Search directory, accessible to prospective clients, potential employers, media, and referrals
There are five requirements for attaining the AIFA® credential.
1) Attain the AIF® designation
2) Enroll in and complete the AIFA® Training
3) Pass the AIFA® Assessment
4) Meet the experience requirement
5) Submit the application and dues
Included in the application are sections to attest to both the Code of Ethics and Conduct Standards. The Code of Ethics consists of the tenets of ethical conduct expected of all credential holders, while the Conducts Standards pertain to any past criminal and civil litigation, regulatory events, and personal and professional conduct.
Continuing Education Requirements:
AIFA® designees are required to complete a minimum of ten hours of CE per reporting period. The CE requirement is effective immediately upon attainment of the AIFA® designation, and CE hours may be accrued from a variety of sources. All CE is subject to audit by, and final approval from, Fi360.
For more information on the CE requirement, visit our help desk.