Have an idea for the fi360 blog?
Send us your question or comment
Subscribe to the fi360 Blog
Stay Connected to fi360
- Designee Posting
- fi360 Conference
- Fiduciary Basics
- Fiduciary Corner
- Fiduciary Excellence
- Fiduciary Links
- Fiduciary Q&A
- Fund Analysis
- Great Sources of Information
- In the News
- Putting Process into Practice
- Regulatory Update
- Spotlight on Designations
- Spotlight on Practices
- What's new at fi360?
- Continuity and Succession Planning: Because bad things happen to good advisories
- Collective investment trusts rise in popularity as attractive alternatives to mutual funds
- Podcast: Talk 32-Reverse Churning and How the DOL Addresses the Problem Under the New Fiduciary Rule
- Podcast: Talk 31 - DOL Rule from a Sales vs. Advisory Cultural Perspective
- Under new fiduciary rule, DOL has reason to pay attention to reverse churning
Posted by Robin Green, Ann Schleck & Co. Head of Research on July 15, 2016 in
SEC has proposed a new rule that requires advisors to have a documented continuity and succession plan in place
Posted by Blaine F. Aikin on July 06, 2016 in
Collective investment trusts have been capturing lots of attention and assets lately. CITs offer retirement-plan fiduciaries an attractive, generally lower-cost alternative to mutual funds.
Posted by on June 30, 2016 in
What is Reverse Churning? This is the opposite of excessive trading in a brokerage account. These are illegal practices that pad an unethical advisors wallet.
Posted by fi360 on June 27, 2016 in
Sales and advisory organizations are fundamentally different. That is the premise of the Labor Department's new conflict-of-interest rule.
Posted by fi360 on June 24, 2016 in
Another reminder of the need to become well-versed on the fiduciary rule's conditions for rollover advice